Missional Assessment Profile (MAP) Congregational Survey
As you have hopefully heard, we are moving forward in our process of discernment and discovery as we think together about the next chapter of mission and ministry as a congregation. The work of our Church Council and Long-Range Facility Planning Committee are a significant part of bringing clarity to what the next chapter might look like. You can find more information about their work to this point in time on our website at this link – http://goodshepherdbismarck.com/long-range-improvement-plan/
One of the most important parts of this process – from the beginning until now and well into the future – is to hear from you!
With the guidance of our consultant Rev. Tim Johnson from Kairos and Associates, we are asking all members to complete a congregational survey – the Missional Assessment Profile (MAP) survey. This survey is designed to help our leaders get a deeper sense of how our congregation engages in ministry and mission and understands and imagines our future. It will also reveal some of what we see to be important as we anticipate what our next steps might be with regard to the future building needs. YOUR INPUT IS CRITICAL IN THIS PROCESS.
This assessment will provide a clear picture of who we are as a faith community and what directions are most important for our future. The MAP will provide key indicators of our congregational health along with areas of challenge and potential growth. It will help us to collect and understand the range of views that exist at Good Shepherd and the possibilities, willingness, capacity and energy for moving our ministry into the future.
A link to the survey is provided below, but before you begin here are a few things to highlight:
- The MAP survey will be available December 1-15, 2019.
- The MAP survey must be completed by end of day Sunday, December 15, 2019.
- This is not a duplication of the Spiritual Life Inventory we completed in 2018, but is complementary in many ways.
- The survey is anonymous, so please be candid as you share what you think, feel and perceive as a mission partner of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
- Every adult and young adult (e.g. confirmed) in your household should complete the survey. However, please have only one person in your household fill out the financial questions.
- INDIVIDUAL input is key to gaining insight into overall perceptions and experiences.
- Once you begin the survey you cannot save it and come back later to complete it, so please set aside about 15-20 minutes to complete it.
Thank you for sharing your perspectives as a mission partner at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
MAP SURVEY LINK: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GoodShepherdBismarck2019
In Christ together,
Long-Range Facility Planning Committee GSLC Church Council
Long-Range Improvement Plan
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church (GSLC) was originally built in the summer of 1960. Additions and renovations took place in 1967, 1994 and 2004. The last facility study and master plan was completed during the Lynne Center addition and east parking lot construction in 1994. The 1967 sanctuary was built for a congregation size of 1,200 members. Currently, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church has a congregation of over 3,600 and growing with six weekly worship services. When asked if the current facility and site will meet the mission and vision of GSLC in the next 5-10 years, over 50% of the respondents said no. In an effort to determine what improvements and possible expansions are needed, Church Council has spent the past two years looking at the existing facilities, compiling a needs assessment, conducting a congregational and pastors/staff survey, and creating some options for improvements and expansions over the next 5-10 years and beyond.